Saturday, January 23, 2016

Poorvika Mobiles - Bad Experience

Went to Poorvika mobiles in Valasaravakkam, Chennai on a Friday to get an airtel sim card. The process was usual - they took my aadhaar card original, photocopied it and then took two photos from me. I also got an Idea sim card for free (which I do not intend to use). Since the sale had to happen, the process was very quick and efficient. The promise was that in 24 hours the sim card will be activated... And as is usually the case with India, 24 hours later the sim was not activated! I went to the store and inquired about it. They still had my application with them. The excuse they gave was that the guy who was supposed to pick up the forms to the airtel office did not show up! Now I have to wait for two more days (till Monday) for the sim to be activated. This is just plain inefficient. I cannot understand why people cannot keep their word. In any case, this is just a post to warn others who are considering going to Poorvika that they may be just as inefficient as any other store.

UPDATE: I know that "free" usually means trouble. What has happened now is that Poorvika has sent the Idea sim card for activation first and is delaying the Airtel sim card. I believe this is a sneaky marketing ploy to get customers to buy Idea plans, instead of what they actually wanted. I am guessing Airtel sim card activation is now going to take much longer.

I am going to strongly advise my friends and family to avoid Poorvika Mobiles from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment